Croix des Boquettes, Haiti
In the capital of Port au Prince, Haiti, World Central Kitchen has joined up with Partners in Health at their Zamni Beni orphanage to create a sustainable bakery that will produce various types of bread products and generate revenue for the orphanage.
World Central Kitchen’s Boulanjri Beni Bakery:
- Trains eager participants in the basic science behind baking and bread production.
- Provides trainee bakers with a brand new skill set including, sanitation, business guidance, entrepreneurial know-how and baking
- Opens up a variety of career options for bakers
- Baked 120,000 rolls in its first 9 months of operation
- Made $6,000 USD in profits in the first 9 months of operation
- Provides bread daily for the orphans and staff of Zamni Beni, saving them money from purchasing from outside sources.
Through the orphanage bakery and restaurant, World Central Kitchen is using the power of food to empower communities and strengthen economies.
For more information about this program download our one pager on Boulanjri Beni.